The scientist part of me loves data that backs up what we already know....going outside will make you feel better. Even views out the window to look at flowers, watch the birds at the feeders or see an afternoon rain storm reveal a rainbow.
According to the December 2017 Journal of Environmental Psychology and the Children & Nature Network, there are numerous benefits to folks of all ages who are active outside:
- Have reduced stress and anxiety
- Are more likely to exercise
- Improve focus and concentration
- Build a sense of community and deeper connections with family
- Have improved social skills and problem solving
- Have increased self-confidence and creativity
So, make up any excuse and go out to play!